Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chapter Seven: Robo's Beat Down

We got to the northern factory and Robo fixed the security system so we could get inside. We ran around traveling on elevators and conveyor belts to get through the place and I was amazed to finally have help in our random battles.

Robo was a little slow, but for once I wasn't carrying the weight of the entire team. If I can just find another robot I could ditch Marle, too.

On one particular conveyor belt we bumped into a robot and a crane came down above us. I tried putting Marle into the crane, so it would take her and forget about us, but it was big enough that it scooped all three of us up at once. It lifted us up and dropped us onto another conveyor belt. We were attacked over and over again until we got to the end of the conveyor belt. It's a good thing Robo's here.

Eventually, we found our way to the controls to operate the crane. We moved some barrels that had blocked our way earlier. The whole time we were making our way through the factory we kept finding treasure chests everywhere. Some of them had new weapons.

We found a new weapon for all three of us and the only weapon we found that none of us could use was a gun that Lucca would have been able to use if she had come along with us. It's odd that we found 4 new weapons that were the exact weapons of choice for all of us. Not once did we find something like an axe or a whip that would have been completely worthless to any of us.

We found the password we needed to open a locked door and entered it in. I flicked this extremely important looking switch in a room meant only to give the switch a place to exist and it set the security system off. We ran as fast as we could to get out and if it hadn't been for Robo throwing himself into a closing door we would have been trapped. I tripped Marle in hopes that she would get stuck, but when she didn't I had to act like it was an accident.

On our way out, a group of robots that looked identical to Robo stepped in front of us. Robo seemed excited and said that they were his friends. One of them punched Robo in the face and he fell backwards. I guess that's how robots show friendship. I wanted to make sure Robo knew how much I appreciated him being around, so I kicked him in the side while he was on the ground and smiled at him.

"Wh-what are you doing," said Robo.

"You are defective," said one of the robots. I cringed as I realized that I had misinterpreted the punch and I helped Robo get to his feet. The robots explained that his original purpose had been to destroy intruders and he realized that he was in fact, a defect.

I tapped Robo on the shoulder and pointed at Marle. Perhaps if Robo were to eliminate her he would be forgiven. He could just sneak me outside later. Hey, you've gotta make sacrifices in order to survive.

Like a dumbass, Robo walked right back to where he had been punched the first time. All of the robots started wailing on him. It was time to battle again. Marle just stood there and pointed out that Robo was getting beaten up instead of trying to fight. Well, that means she accomplished the same thing she does in any other battle.

I tried to help, but every time I got close I just bounced off the robots. They were invincible. Robo was beaten to a pulp and thrown into a garbage can. I shrugged my shoulders and began to head towards the exit.

"You cocky boxes of bolts," said Marle. "You'll never get away with this!"

I groaned, turned back around and joined Marle. Of COURSE they'll get away with it. We tried to fight these guys when Robo was with us and they were invincible, but now that he's gone she thinks we'll have better luck? I think I'll just stick around to make sure Marle dies and then I'll make a run for it.

The robots fell one by one with little effort. Marle spanked her ass at them and it seemed to make them mad. It was actually kinda cute and I had my first positive thought about her in several days. After I killed all six of them with almost no help from her, that good memory seemed distant again. As for the invincibility wearing off, hey, don't ask me. Maybe Marle knows robots better than I do with all of her mistressing around here in the future.

We dragged Robo's trashed metal body back to Lucca in order to see if she could fix him. She had little trouble fixing him and Robo decided to help us out. I was glad to see that he was ok, but I was disappointed that Lucca didn't take my suggestion to use Marle for spare parts if needed. We walked into the back room and stepped into the time gate. "Hang onto your shorts," said Lucca.

No comments:

Post a Comment