Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Chapter Eight: The End of Time

Finally, I could go home........or so I thought as we didn't appear in the time period I had hoped for.

Instead, we ended up in this weird place with nothing but blackness all around us and in the middle of it all we stood on what looked like a town square. There was an old man asleep just under the lamp post in the middle. He was snoring and making snot bubbles. It was kinda gross.

I woke him up and he said, "ah, more guests!"

"Where are we," said Lucca.

"The end of time," said the old man. DAMNIT!!!!! I'll never get home.

"Blah blah blah blah space time continuum blah blah blah only three people can travel in your party at once," said the old man, "or else you'll end up here when you try to go through a gate."

"So, one of us must remain here," said Lucca. "Who will it be, Crono?" Why were they asking me? I had been ignoring the whole conversation.

I looked around awkwardly and said, "I think the old man should stay." Marle giggled and Lucca kicked me in the nuts. I fell on the ground and Robo kicked me in the side and smiled. I guess he was showing that we were friends like the robots from before.

"One of US four, Crono," said Lucca. Hey, I knew that. I just hate talking. I guess I'm into the actions speak louder than words sort of thing, but for once they were making me speak up.
Lucca shook her head, rolled her eyes and said, "one of us has to stay here, because we can't travel in groups greater than three or else every time we use a gate we'll always end up here again."

I nodded and said, "fine, I'll stay here." Marle giggled again, Lucca kicked me in the nuts again and I fell to the ground. Crap! You see?!! This is why I never talk!!!! Damnit! My nuts are sore! Robo decided not to display his friendship again and he helped me to my feet.

"You can't stay here," said Robo. "It has to be one of us three." Lucca's arms were crossed and she nodded at me. Marle was still smiling at me.

I looked at them and said, "why?" Lucca's look of arrogance changed into confusion and she said, "I don't know. You just can't for some reason." I rolled my eyes and sighed, because now I knew they were just messing with me. I grabbed Lucca by the collar and said, "in that case, you stupid wench! How about you, me and Robo go back to your workshop, create a second timekey and that way we can travel in two groups of two!" I threw Lucca to the ground and the old man laughed.

Robo walked over to Lucca and kicked her in the side before helping her up. I had taught him well. She gave him a confused look, rubbed her side and then walked back over to me.

"I'm sorry, Crono," said Lucca. "We can't make a second time key. We can't travel in groups of more than three and you can't leave the group no matter how much you want."

I didn't believe her, because the things she was saying were utterly ridiculous, so I tried to force Robo, Marle and Lucca into the traveling party. She was right. I was trapped! I had to travel with at least two of these people for all eternity! Why is this happening to me?!!!! I banged my head against the lamp post for an hour or two.

The old man calmed me down and pulled me aside. "Crono," said the old man. "Don't feel bad. How about you go check out what's in the back room over there. Afterwards, I bet if you keep searching, someday you'll find a way to fix your problem."

He was right. I nodded in agreement. Surely, if I just kept my eyes and ears open I could find a way to break the curse that was on me. Until then, I would have to deal with 2 of these losers at a time. At least Robo wasn't so bad.

I grabbed Lucca and Marle and put them in my group. We went into the back room and this weird little guy named Spekkio told us he would give us magical powers if we walked around the room 3 times. I figured it was worth it, so I did it.

"No cheating," he said. "I'm watching!" I looked at him in frustration and walked around the edge of the room again, three times.

I walked back up to him again and he said, "no cheating! I'm watching!" I clenched my fists and walked back to the door we came in. I pressed my nuts up against the edge of the door and proceeded to walk around the room 3 times where my nuts never left the edge of the wall once.
I walked back up to him, drew my sword and looked him in the eyes.

"Very good," he said. I felt a new power in my body and I could now control the element of lightning. Hey, maybe this curse could be livable. I got rid of Marle and brought Robo in, but since he was a robot Spekkio couldn't give him any magical powers.

When we walked back out the old man seemed impressed and told us to go back to our time, because the longer we remained at the end of time the harder it would be to change what needed to be changed. Lucca and Marle assumed he meant Lavos and he probably did, but according to me he was talking about uncursing me. I figured Robo would be the only one capable of handling himself stuck at the end of time, so I took Marle and Lucca with me. It was hard, but I do have some sense of decency.

No comments:

Post a Comment